Elementary Indonesian IND103
Delivery: Online or Hybrid (online & offline)
Materials: The Indonesian Way Lesson 41–80
Click the button for instant lesson access:
This is a beginner’s course and no previous knowledge of the Indonesian language is required.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to demonstrate:
- familiarity with basic phonology, morphology and syntax of the Indonesian language;
- familiarity with about 750 most frequently used words necessary for communicative competence;
- within this communicative competence, the ability to: a) comprehend basic standard spoken Indonesian (listening); b) perform simple conversation in an intelligent way (speaking); c) read elementary passages and stories with a fair degree of comprehension (reading); d) write simple descriptions of objects, situations and activities and write short-non-technical letters (writing); e) recognize and utilize basic rules in Indonesian grammar; f) integrate the linguistic skills specified above;
- Phonology: Pronunciation of Indonesian-word-stress, rhythm, sentence, intonation (declarative, interrogative, imperative and exclamatory intonation patterns).
- Morphology: General overview of affix system.
- Syntax: Word order in noun-phrases, verb-phrases, adjectival phrases and adverbial phrases. Sentence construction; phrase order in declarative and interrogative sentences.
- Conversation: basic competence.
- Reading and Writing: elementary
If you are interested in taking IND104 as an elearning online course, please visit our partner page http://www.indonesian-online.com/courses/ind-104